Thank you for your interest in submitting an abstract to the 2021 Upper Midwest Stream Restoration Symposium!
SUBMISSION AND REVIEW PROCESS
Please submit your oral or poster presentation abstract using the form link in the right sidebar. We will review oral presentation abstracts by approximately two weeks after the submission deadline (10/30/20), and poster presentation abstracts on a rolling basis through February 5th, 2021.
Our volunteer technical committee reviews and ranks submitted abstracts over a 2-3 week period. After that time, potential presenters/moderators will be notified with a decision on their submission. We will accept between 15-20 oral speakers overall, divided between five to six technical sessions. We do our best to group 'like' abstracts together to form cohesive sessions.
Oral abstracts not accepted into the program will have the option to present their abstract as a poster instead.
*PLEASE NOTE* Due to the virtual nature of the 2021 UMSRS, we will request that selected oral presentations be recorded up to 3 days PRIOR to the conference to minimize technical glitches. We do ask that you be present online during your recorded talk to take questions and comments from attendees.
Abstracts are reviewed and ranked according to the following criteria:
- Presentation will be interesting to our regional membership and a wide variety of disciplines
- Presentation appears technically robust and sound.
- Presentation has relevancy to the Midwest region.
- Material presented will advance the overall practice of river and stream restoration.
- Abstract is presented well.
- Presentation appears to have multi-year data, monitoring, or results presented well (this is NOT included in the ranking if it is not applicable).