The inaugural (2010) Upper Midwest Stream Restoration Symposium was a great success! Thanks to all who particpated and made it possible.
Click here to view the final agenda with presentation links.
Symposium at a Glance:
February 21-24, 2010
La Crosse, Wisconsin
The inaugural Upper Midwest Stream Restoration Symposium brought together leading national and regional stream restoration practitioners for presentations and discussions on important regional stream and river restoration issues. This symposium was designed to foster exchange, conversation, and new collaborations among restoration practitioners in the upper Midwest.
- Pre and post monitoring for stream restoration
- Stream restoration design
- Restoration monitoring: ecological, geomorphic and hydraulic
- Large-river restoration
- Dams and dam removal
- Numerical modeling in restoration design
- The channel-floodplain connection
- Great Lakes Restoration
Format: Single track with 22 speaker slots and 18 posters.